Monday, August 23, 2010

Old Friends

Dear Mamacita,

Kim has been blogging some of her adventures in life and recently shared the following entry. It really made a difference in my heart so I wanted to let you know what she said. She is very intuitive and has always been able to read me well! I miss her and wish we could go back to being 14 and freshmen again. Life was so much simpler then. I feel so much older than my almost 35 years. So much has happened since I was 14...so much pain, and yes, so much joy. I thought you'd like to see this mom, so here's a partial entry from her blog:

"And finally, my old friend - who is also my cousin - is on my mind and in my heart a lot these days. Her mom died a few months ago, and Erika has taken it hard. Understandably so, as they were very close. I think Erika often felt like her mom was the only constant in her life, and that losing her meant losing place in the world. I'm not going to begin to go into all the challenges Erika and her mom have faced over the years, suffice it to say that the simple fact that Erika is a loving wife and mother, a talented teacher, and a great friend speaks volumes to her strength - both strength of character and spiritual strength. What would have crushed a lesser person has made Erika more beautiful. And while she is having problems seeing that right now, I know that Linda is with her in spirit, reminding her that it is ok to enjoy life, to laugh, to love, and to carry on. I know Linda would have wanted Erika to go on living and embracing all it offers. But I also know that she isn't quite ready to make that step yet. So I am asking everyone to send your prayers, thoughts, karma, or whatever spiritual things you do, to Erika. Give her your healing vibes, help her know that moving on doesn't mean forgetting, and that her mom is still with her - in herself and in her 2 beautiful children. Maybe if enough of us send her good thoughts, she can start to heal. It doesn't matter if you know her or not, send it anyway. Everything helps!"

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, 14. Being 14 again? No - I like Andy way too much to go back to 14. Visiting for a few days? That I could do!

    ReplyDelete